Auto Pedigree - FAQs
1. What is the procedure to buy a car from you?
A: Come into any of our branches and we'll assist. We can help from:
- Deciding on a vehicle/s you have in mind that suits you and your lifestyle
- Taking you on a test drive
- Working out what your monthly repayments would be on your desired car/s
- Applying for finance once you've made your decision
- Applying for insurance
- Offering products to maintain the future quality and value of your vehicle
2. Are all the advertised vehicles available in a branch?
A: We always have advertised vehicles in our branches. Should a vehicle not be immediately available due to normal run of business, another vehicle will be at the branch in a short timeframe. The website showcases advertised vehicles. You are welcome to check on similar quality vehicles in the meantime.
3. Which finance houses do you deal with?
A: Finance and insurance applications are submitted to all major institutions in South Africa.
4. Can I use my own finance company?
A: Yes, though you may find it more convenient and cost-effective for us to apply for you, but the choice is yours.
5. Can you handle all my insurance requirements?
A: Auto Pedigree insurance brokers can offer options on motor and household insurance.
6. Must I take out insurance?
A: If you are financing your vehicle through a financial institution you're required to have your vehicle comprehensively insured for the entire finance term.
7. What documents must I bring to be able to finance a vehicle?
A: Depending on whether you are applying as an individual or part of a business, varying information might be required and additional documents may also be requested.
Certain information is required by law to verify identification (FICA). To finance a vehicle you would be required to provide:
- Valid SA ID document
- Valid SA drivers licence
- Confirmation of your residential address by providing any documentation showing your name and full residential address, not a post box address, such as:
- A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months old). We may accept a utility bill that is addressed to a post box number if it shows your name, erf/stand number, township and suburb
- A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1 year old)
- A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
- A retail account statement/invoice (less than 3 months old)
- Where the person lives in any type of residence (eg. hostel/barracks) a letter from the administration department of such residence on an official letterhead
- Proof of income such as last 3 months' worth of payslips, or bank or financial statement (less than 3 months old)
8. How long does it take before I can get my vehicle?
A: It is possible to take possession of your chosen vehicle the same day you have decided on a vehicle. Finance and insurance is processed while you wait. Our standard stock vehicles are of a quality to drive from the showroom floor immediately. Generally speaking, once your finance has been approved, you should be able to drive your vehicle away the next day.
9.Tell me about the history of the vehicle
A: Auto Pedigree standard stock vehicles are late model, quality vehicles with full service history. A comprehensive 118 point quality check has been performed on these vehicles to ensure they are of as good a quality as possible. Should you not be 100% comfortable with a specific vehicle/s in a branch we can arrange for you to view another vehicle of identical make and model.
10. Are there more of this specific model available?
A: We stock a large number of vehicles of the advertised make and model. The choice is yours. Vehicles are available countrywide.
11. What if I am not happy with my vehicle after a few days?
A: We offer you a 30 day exchange. If you're not entirely satisfied with your purchase within 30 days you can come back to us for an exchange for a like make and model vehicle. Terms and Conditions do apply.
12. Do you have a history on the vehicle??
A: Most of the vehicles on the showroom floor come with a full service history and police clearance.
13. What do I do if the car I purchased from you breaks down?
A: As an Auto Pedigree Plus Plan member, you benefit from roadside and medical emergency assistance 24 hours a day for a period of 2 years after purchase.
14. I have a really old car; can I trade it in for a newer model?
A: Yes, you may trade it in and we'll work out the best payment package possible for you.
15. My current vehicle is still in good condition, how can I ensure I get the best return on it?
A: The best thing to do is bring it in to a branch for assessment when you want to purchase another vehicle from us.
16. How long do I have to wait for my car?
A: Your finance application is processed while you wait. Once it has been approved and all the paperwork finalised, you should be able to drive away with your vehicle the very next day.
17. What do I do if the car I purchased from you breaks down?
A: As an Auto Pedigree Plus Plan member, you benefit from roadside and medical emergencies 24 hours a day. Roadside assist, part of AA Fleetcare, will, depending on the situation, tow your vehicle to the nearest repair facility.
18. What if I'm not happy with my vehicle purchase from you?
A: You have the option to exchange it within 30 days and we'll replace it with a like vehicle. Terms and Conditions apply