How To Keep Your Car In Good Condition For As Long As Possible
It’s true that purchasing a vehicle is not strictly speaking an investment because its value decreases over time. However, it is an asset (albeit a depreciating one), it should be treated accordingly – by helping it depreciate as slowly as possible.
The car you buy from Auto Pedigree is most likely to be a good, reliable car to begin with. We share some advice on how to keep it running for many years and kilometres into the future so that it remains an asset to you for as long as possible.
- It’s easier to keep a car in good running order and lasting for a long time when you begin with a good base.So buy the best that you can afford to avoid constantly spending money on repairs.
- Service your car as soon as one is due and follow the manual’s maintenance schedule. It may seem like a big expense but the lack of regular maintenance can compound into something much worse should something go wrong.
- Be aware of what your car maybe telling you. Listen for strange noises, smells, and vibrations, take note of the way the moving parts feel under your hands and feet and attend to them as soon as possible. Failing to do so could lead to much more costly repairs than you bargained for.
- Along side the performance and efficiency of the car, be sure to keep its looks in good condition too. Wash and wax the car regularly as the paint protects what’s underneath. Just as important is the interior of the car– vacuum and wipe clean regularly to keep wear and tear at bay. Remove scratches and repair cracks or broken pieces as they occur as best you can.
- Rust is a coastal car’s biggest problem. Here, our best advice is: Prevention is better than cure. Despite car manufacturers’ biggest efforts to combat this issue with advanced coatings and alloys, steel will always present a challenge due to its chemical make up and the environment that it is exposed to. This is why it’s even more important to wash and apply a good protective wax regularly to keep the salt off. Don’t neglect nooks and corners such as drain holes and panels where water flows in and out.
- Only use parts, accessories,oils, and other fluids, etc. that meet your car manufacturer’s specifications. Not only will cheaper products not wear as well as name brand counterparts, but may also not work as well.
- Finally, treat your vehicle gently. Tempting as it is to rev and race from traffic light to traffic light,it doesn’t bode well for the life span of your car. It’s fine to accelerate on the open road every once in a while, but for most of its life, a car will remain reliable as long as you drive it responsibly and with gentle
If you purchase a vehicle from Auto Pedigree you have the option to take out the AutoPedigree Plus Plan Vehicle Cover that helps you maintain the quality and maximise the value. Dent and Scratch Cover attends to minor dent, scratches,windscreen damage, and minor hail damage removal.
Auto Pedigree also offers a three year AutoShine Paint Protection warranty to minimise paint fade and oxidation and keep your vehicle’s paint work looking glossy and new for as long as possible.
To find out more about Auto Pedigree CarePlus, Contact us.