How To Maximise The Value Of Your Car
With the ever-increasing cost of new cars it makes sense to keep your existing car in tiptop shape.
The minute you take possession of your newly acquired car, you should be thinking of how to keep it looking good and driving well for as long as possible. At this point you may not be thinking about selling your car, but when the time comes when you either want to trade it in or sell it privately, you’ll be glad you took good care of it.
- Servicing your vehicle when it is due for one will save you money and time in the long run. Skipping a comprehensive service because you think you’re saving money is a delusion.
- If you put a lot of distance on your car, don’t rely solely on the oil and filter change that comes with the vehicle service. Check your oil level monthly and if necessary change the oil and filter.
- Tyres are expensive to replace. Rotate your tyres as specified in the vehicle’s manual. Keep an eye on tyre pressure and have that check when you’re filling up the fuel station.
- Drive it lightly. Pulling off slowly from a stationary position and coming to a stop slowly puts less strain on your car.
- When cleaning the inside of your car, don’t skip the nooks and crannies, as the longer dirt lies in corners the harder it is to remove.
- Vacuum the inside of your car regularly so that dirt particles don’t get a chance to gain a foothold, further deteriorating the cloth and carpets.
- Avoid parking it in the sun as much as possible. Sea air is also damaging to the body of the vehicle.
- Try to avoid parking under trees as the falling debris such as tree sap and bird droppings can be damaging if left too long.
- Give it a regular wash and wax (in a shady area) to help preserve the paintwork and remove any corrosive qualities of such things like dirt, dust, bird droppings, and dead insects.
- Use a proper cleaning solution specifically manufactured for cars that will help protect the paintwork, rather than general household or dishwashing detergent.
- For leather seats, use a leather cleaner and apply a leather conditioner to prevent drying and cracking from sun exposure.
- If you are purchasing a car from Auto Pedigree, you can make use of the AutoShine Paint Protection Warranty to minimise fading and oxidation of your vehicle’s paintwork.
All of these small tasks and changes if implemented habitually will go a long way to prolong the lifespan of your vehicle. Do them diligently and you’ll be rewarded with a car that will be a pleasure to drive, to look at, as well as for someone else to buy when the time comes.
To find out more about the Auto Pedigree Vehicle Exterior and Interior Maintenance service or any other enquiries, Contact us online or call us on 010 593 9505.