The top 5 hatch vehicles in SA
Volkswagen Polo Vivo
Models: Conceptline / Blueline / Trendline / Comfortline / GT / Maxx
Manufactured locally, and with 70% of parts sourced from local suppliers, this hatchback sits at the top of the charts for being one of South Africa's favourite passenger vehicles.
With a range of no less than six models, and a good sprucing up, makes the Vivo is no ordinary hatchback. It comes standard with ABS, as well as alarm and remote central locking.
- CD / radio reads MP3s and USBs and connects via Bluetooth;
- Height adjustable driver seats.
Models: Xi and Xs
The success of the Etios has compelled the manufacturers to give this popular model a facelift, with a focus on quality and good looks. The range now comes standard with aesthetically-pleasing colour coded door handles and mirrors, and a sporty new grille design.
Rubber engine mounts have been replaced with hydraulic mounts, and modified silencer and finely tuned damper settings all aid in a smoother, quieter ride.
Interior-wise, both models come with instrument blue backlighting.
Toyota Etios Xs features:
- On the audio front, the Xs comes standard with 2-DIN Toyota audio system. The Sport model includes Bluetooth for essential hand-free driving;
- Height adjustment capability in the driver's seat;
- Better cushioning and adjustable headrests. Even the back seats have been redesigned to offer more comfort.
Although seen as a revised version of the previous generation Ford Fiesta, the Figo's grille, seats, fenders, and entertainment system are all its own.
Both models come standard with dual airbags, MP3, Bluetooth, power steering, and ABS, while the Trend has the added extra of front electric windows and electric adjustable mirrors.
(At time of writing) a brand new, updated Figo is set to launch in 2015, with the aim of setting new standards for quality and craftsmanship.
Manufactured at General Motors' plant in Port Elizabeth, on the exterior, the Spark's redesigns are the front grille, headlights, and taillights. Upper models see changes on the mirrors and alloy wheels, with the sporty LT model giving you a further option -smoky-black alloys on its standard 15-inch wheels.
From the basic Campus model, features include air conditioning, remote central locking, audio setup, ABS, and dual airbags,
Chevy Spark LS features:
- CD, MP3, USB and auxiliary support audio system;
- Roof rails;
- Rear windscreen wiper;
- Alarm and immobiliser system;
- Electric windows;
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Electric mirrors;
- Height-adjustable steering wheel;
- Roof spoiler;
- 14-inch alloys.
Chevy Spark LT features:
- 15-inch alloy wheels;
- Body colour-coding;
- Electric front and rear windows;
- Six-speaker sound system;
- Side airbags;
- Parking sensors;
- Optional decal package.
The Expression doesn't come standard with aircon, but does include a host of technological features such as MP3 / CD / USB audio system with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, remote central locking, dual airbags, ABS, EBD, EBA safety kit, and ESP and hill start assist.
Renault Sandero Dynamique features:
- Front-side airbags;
- Cruise control and speed control;
- Leather-covered steering wheel;
- Front and rear electric windows;
- Fog lights;
- 15-inch alloy wheels.
The information contained on this site are simple guides to help you make a decision and should not be seen as 100 per cent exact. We encourage buyers to contact their Auto Pedigree branch for a comprehensive description of the vehicle/s that interest them.